As Executive Director Terry Kerr is responsible for directing administrative and business operations of the PASAP organization. He provides leadership and technical assistance in three main areas of the organization: General Operations, Communications and Financials. More specifically, his responsibilities include:
- Attendance at all meetings of the Board of Directors, including the annual statewide conference, as scheduled. The Executive Director also attends regional events scheduled dependent upon location, schedule, and monies available in the budget to support travel.
- Together with the Board of Directors, create and implement a strategic plan.
- Provide an executive directors report for every Board of Directors meeting.
- Maintain communications with members of the board of directors and delegate responsibilities as necessary in order to ensure that board projects and initiatives are progressing and completed in a timely manner.
- Consult with the executive board regularly throughout the fiscal year, especially between meetings.
- Coordinate and oversee PASAP operations statewide, developing and closely collaborating with school and community supports throughout the Commonwealth.
- Establish and maintain responsive partnerships with state legislators and their staffs, appropriate agencies and committees to address issues related to student assistance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with individual, corporate and foundation donors and sponsors.
- Provides oversight of both internal and external communications of the organization.
Terry served on the PASAP Board from 2001 through 2014. He is a Past-President and Treasurer for PASAP. Terry was SAP trained in 1986 and was instrumental in the development of implementation of Student Assistance in Titusville.
Terry retired from the Titusville Area School District as Assistant Superintendent of Schools after 35+ years of service in June of 2014. He held several different positions during his career including teacher, school counselor, assistant principal, principal and director of student services and lastly as assistant superintendent of schools.
He currently serves as Chairman of the Titusville Housing Authority Board and is a member of the Board of Health for the City of Titusville.
He and his wife, Terry Lynne live in Titusville, PA, have two grown sons and three grandchildren.