PASAP ADVANCED SAP PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
PASAP believes that the health of our youth is the basis of our future. We recognize that there are detrimental influences in the areas of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, mental health, as well as other concerns that will continue to adversely affect the health of our youth. As a result of this recognition and our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our youth, the Pennsylvania Association of Student Assistance Professionals is committed to supporting and networking in the areas of prevention, intervention, treatment, aftercare, ongoing support services, and education to all those individuals or organizations who foster this same commitment.
In order to support these efforts, PASAP offers professional development opportunities to school and child-serving agencies who support the Student Assistance Program in Pennsylvania. Professional development opportunities are offered by PASAP through webinars, regional workshops, and the annual conference. As a result, PASAP is offering a special recognition to Student Assistance professionals who are certified by the Pennsylvania Network of Student Assistance Services as having met the standards and competencies for the Pennsylvania Student Assistance Training and are approved by the Student Assistance Program Interagency Committee.
If you attended a training and would like to submit it for review.
PASAP is offering an Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Certificate for Student Assistance Professional who meet the following requirements:
1. Possess a training certificate by the Pennsylvania Network of Student Assistance Services and approved by the Student Assistance Program Interagency Committee.
2. Attend two trainings in each of the standards outlined in the Commonwealth Student Assistance training system as indicated below:
3. Record training submissions on the PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Log
4. Trainings to be considered for recognition that occur outside of the PASAP professional development offerings will be considered with the submission of the following information and documented on the Training Submission for PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition located at PASAP.org:
a. Title of Training
b. Description of Training and Standard
c. Location and Time of Training (must be a minimum of 60 minutes of training time to be considered)
d. Bio of Trainer
5. PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Log must be completed within four years of the first documented training attended.
6. Record and ensure notification of completion to PASAP. Successful completion of notification of submission will be sent via email by PASAP. If you do not receive confirmation, it was not successfully received. Please contact PASAP to assist you in this process if you are having difficulty.
7. A certificate of Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition will be issued by PASAP after successful completion of the PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Log and all the information has been verified by PASAP.